Economic Development Authority
Lewiston makes nurturing its business community a priority! The Lewiston Economic Development Authority administers a revolving loan fund and utilizes all available incentives to grow and invigorate the community. The city is also open to negotiating development packages to suit the needs of your business. Our commitment and vision to growth make us an exceptional community and our residents will gladly assist those who work toward growth.
Whether you are relocating, expanding, or starting a new enterprise, we have a number of programs and services to assist you. To businesses that show a commitment to Lewiston, we can offer:
- Business Assistance
- Access to the Revolving Loan Fund
- Tax Abatement
- Tax Increment Financing
- Financial Packaging
For more information, please contact the city at (507) 523-2257
Economy and Workforce of Lewiston
Lewiston has a unique and highly skilled work-force. Many of our residents are highly skilled in industries such as agriculture, health care, plastic composite manufacturing, and hi-tech electronics manufacturing.
Located in the heart of the most fertile and productive farmland in America, agriculture is also a vital part of the local economy. Major employers in Lewiston include sales and marketing firms, semiconductor manufacturing, agricultural suppliers, and auto and truck sales.
Land & Buildings Available in Lewiston
Building Search Link - Click Here
- The above "Building Search Link" shows the available buildings in Lewiston using Location One Information Systems (LOIS).
Property Search Link - Click Here
- The above "Property Search Link" shows the available properties in Lewiston using Location One Information Systems (LOIS).
Other Economic Development Resources
Winona County Economic Development Authority
- Information on Winona County programs and assistance
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Further information on state programs and assistance
- Detailed demographic and workforce data
- Interactive site selection & demographics tool
Community and Economic Development Associates
- Community development and small business assistance
Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation
- Small business assistnace