Lewiston Heartland Days Event Committee is now accepting entries for the 2017 Button Contest.
The winning design will appear on official event button and may appear on select advertising.
- Selection of design will be based on theme, craftsmanship, and reproducibility.
- The contest is open to anyone of any age.
- The design must contain these components: “Heartland Days, Lewiston and “June 21-25 2017.”
- Design can be hand-drawn or done on a computer. Computer entries should be emailed as both a JPEG and PDF. We would prefer that the graphics be submitted as computerized art. If graphics are not computer generated, please indicate where the text is to be placed.
- Although designs may vary in proportion, create your button design not to exceed 8” x 10”.
- Buttons will be printed on a digital press, therefore design must be in color.
- Digital images may be emailed or submitted on CD using a JPEG and PDF format.
- The Lewiston Heartland Days Event Committee reserves the right to alter any design submission to meet the above requirements.
- Deadline for submission is Monday, February 27th, 2017. Your postmark must be no later to qualify for judging. Winners will be notified as soon as possible after the judging.
- Entries that do not meet the above requirements may be disqualified.
- The winning artist will receive media coverage and a $100 of Lewiston Chamber Bucks.
- First Place - $100 of Lewiston Chamber Bucks (can be redeemed at any business in Lewiston)
- Second Place - $20 Subway Gift Certificate
- Third Place - $10 Subway Gift Certificate
All entries must include entrant’s name, mailing address with zip code, phone number with area code and email if available. PLEASE PRINT!
Upon submission, all artwork becomes the property of the Lewiston Heartland Days Event Committee. Lewiston Heartland Days Event Committee and the City of Lewiston reserve the right to administrate the use of the winning design. Artwork should be dropped off or mailed to:
Lewiston City Hall
Heartland Event Committee
75 Rice St
PO Box 129
Lewiston, MN 55952
Or email to: email@example.com
Tips: Block lettering is preferred, no cursive or calligraphy. Think of reducing down to button size. Designs should be simple and original - avoid a cluttered look - have impact. Suggestion: Reduce your design on a copy machine to button size (2¼” round) to get a better view.
Please remember to include all entry information (name, address, phone number) in the email.
All entries will be judged on originality, simplicity and visual impact.